Saturday, December 11, 2010

Settling In

I was going to post the birth story of Dylan, but I think anyone likely to look at this has probably already heard it. So instead, I give you photos and a little bit of an update of what's been going on in the Bouchard household. We got home last Wednesday from Dartmouth and have been settling in since. Dylan's had two doctor check-ups and has lost some weight. Yesterday the doc told me that now he needs to be on a strict eating schedule... every two hours or when he cries, if sooner. Fun stuff, let me tell you, considering before this schedule got implemented the kid was eating all the time. Or at least, it felt like that to me. At this point every day kind of blurs into the next. Par for the course, right? However, that said, the alertness when he's awake, the frog-like position he likes to be in, the little smiles we like to pretend aren't just gas, and the "ooo" face (shown below, badly photographed) he makes that melts our hearts and reminds us who's really boss, are all worth it. The most exciting thing in Dylan's life so far, not that he knows it, other than eating, sleeping and pooping, is yesterday's arrival of his cousin in Tucson. They're only 17 days apart so we're hoping these two little boys will be great friends. Happy "Birth"-day, Keenan Craig Hollman. We can't wait to meet you in January.

1 comment:

FlorenceSellsTucson said...

He's soooo cute!!! I'm sure he'll gain lots of weight soon, since he eats all the time! I think it is great that he and his cousin, Keenan, are so close in age. I'm sure they'll be great friends!