Tuesday, December 27, 2011

To Bake or Not to Bake




When I lost my job Amy presented an idea to me. Start my own catering business and bake desserts for (a) restaurant(s) - particularly the one they hope to open in a few months. I really like the idea because it's something I can do from home, so I can be home with Dylan, and as he's still going to daycare one day a week, I could do it on that day. HOWEVER. There's also laundry to be done, an apartment to clean, grocery shopping, a car to maintain, Jeremy's business office to run, and all the general stuff that falls onto a stay-at-home Mom. I'm typing this post mainly to put my thoughts down but any input is appreciated. I love to bake. But do I want to make it my job? Would I hate it if I did that? What happens when we move to Burlington? Do I want to continue it? What if we have another kid? Would I have the time? Is it worth the investment (and yes, there is an investment)? Will it take time away from Dylan and any future kids? Am I okay with that? Not really... but how can I encourage my kid to do whatever he wants when I don't do what I want. Is it selfish to want something for me? Or is it something that perhaps I should wait on until we move, until Dylan's older and in school and it's time for me to go back to work?

No comments: