Thursday, February 10, 2011

You Are My Sunshine

My mom used to sing "You Are My Sunshine" all the time when we were kids. I now find myself turning into her and singing it to Dylan constantly. It has become part of his bedtime routine, which I am proud to say, thanks to my awesome husband, Dylan now sleeps in his crib. I'd put up photographic proof but I'm afraid if I take a picture of him sleeping in it, he'll wake up and won't sleep. It's still a work in progress, but at least it's in progress. We were going a little nuts trying to get sleep ourselves. Now we're able to sleep again, even if it's interrupted constantly. Dylan's stretch is 3 hours at a time, so we've gone a little backwards there, but again, he's in the crib and the rest we can figure out as we go.

In other exciting news, he rolled over! Tummy to back, 6 times in about a 1/2 hour period the other day. Granted, since then he has only done it 3 times, 2 times one day and 1 time another day, but hey, progress is progress. Our little 11 week old is growing up so fast. Speaking of 11 weeks, it really does not sound like that long of a time period. Heck, it ISN'T that long of a time period. I used to roll my eyes when parents said their kid was "9 weeks" or "14 months." I'm eating my words. I get it now. He grows and changes every day so time can't really be considered in years. Weeks, months, even days, are significant. That said, I still say "2 1/2 months" when someone asks his age. Hey, it's better than 79 days, 5 hours, 35 minutes, right?

1 comment:

FlorenceSellsTucson said...

Yes, enjoy him now, because before you know it, he will be 16 and driving and interested in girls! They really do grow up that fast, right Ashley?