Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Meeting the Family

On Saturday night, at 11:30 (exactly and as predicted two hours previously), I ran around the truck, unbuckled (and thus woke up) Dylan and introduced him to his grandpa. It was the first time Dylan and my dad got to meet. No longer just a voice on the phone, Grandpa has since coaxed the first laugh out of Dr. B (which naturally, I missed). Dylan also got to meet his cousin Keenan for the first time. I unfortunately snapped this photo too late. Two seconds before they'd been looking at each other with what we think goes something like this:
"What's up?"
"Not much. You?"
"Can you believe these people? Talking baby talk to us?"
"Nope. They're nuts. I'll let them know."
Thus the pacifier in Dylan's mouth and Keenan looking at Carrie with a "seriously Mom?" face. Likely that interpretation is wrong but I think the gist of it is these two are definite future trouble makers.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I'm dying to hear details about the road trip. We missed you in VT this weekend!