So I think the groundhog should be shot. Seriously. Here we were enjoying "warm" (which is not exactly warm) weather, and then we get a dumping of (so far) 6" of snow. Meanwhile Mom and Dad are bragging that it's in the upper 70s, 80s, 90 in Tucson. Back to the 6". Which brings me to the driveway, and the fact that Jeremy is out of commission for shoveling/snowblowing this week. Which brings me to the point that we held off buying a snowblower this year, thinking we'd buy one in the spring when stores are trying to clear them out and we could get a deal. So I enlisted myself and Dylan to clear the driveway with the shovel so Jeremy could get the truck out. Dylan prompty brought out his dump truck and broom and I tackled it with a vengence (that faded fast) with the shovel. Luckily, our neighbor across the street took pity on me, brought over his snowblower and prompty snowblowed enough that Jeremy could get the truck out. My car is still a bit buried, but I had planned on us being at home anyways because of the storm. So in the midst of this, Dylan is wanting, badly, to get the orange sled out from under what's now probably a foot of snow.
Dylan: "Want orange sled!"
Me: "Okay, use your broom, buddy, and sweep the snow off."
Dylan attempts this with the blue handle of the broom, not the yellow bristles. "Want Mommy's help cuz it's hard!"
Me (laughing, because why would I help when I can laugh?): "Use the other end of the broom."
Dylan turns the broom over and regards it with what can only be described as childish delight: "YELLOW!!"
Sometimes you have to just give up what you're doing and laugh.
No comments:
Post a Comment